CBD edibles are for sure the tastiest way to get your daily dose of cannabinoids. Adding CBD to your breakfast can also be one of the easiest ways to bring it into your wellness routine.
Adding CBD oil to your diet has fast become one of the latest wellness trends. CBD oil packs a punch when it comes to health benefits. It’s full of vitamins and minerals, as well as having the ability to give us feelings of relaxation and calm.
CBD is also a welcome addition to the lives of those with chronic pain as a result of conditions like fibromyalgia, MS and more, thanks to its pain-relieving properties. For this reason, adding CBD oil to your breakfast dishes is a great idea for getting through your day with added ease.
If you’re looking to add a CBD health kick to your meals, it’s surprisingly easy to incorporate it into your diet. We’ve written up some of our favorite breakfast food and drink recipes to give your kitchen an introduction to the world of CBD in food.
We’ve written before about the many health benefits of adding CBD to your morning coffee. Not only will it take the edge off the coffee buzz, but research shows it can also help to boost your energy levels. Excellent news for difficult mornings! Our recipe for CBD coffee is as follows:
1-2 teaspoons of your favorite coffee
1 cup of milk
Sugar to taste
Vanilla extract (optional if you want a vanilla coffee)
1. Over a low heat, combine the milk and CBD oil. Because everyone uses different strengths and dosages, we suggest adding the dosage that suits you. Usually it’s between 5-10 drops.
2. Add in the sugar to your preferred taste and mix well. Heat until the mixture is warm.
3. If you want to make a vanilla coffee, now is the time to add a few drops of vanilla extract.
4. Put the coffee grounds into your mug. Pour the milky CBD mixture on top. Enjoy!
For an extra luxe morning coffee, whisk the milk mixture using a milk foamer or small hand whisk to create a CBD cappuccino at home.
Super Berry CBD Smoothie
The easiest way to get your daily vitamins, minerals and fibre is by drinking a superfood smoothie first thing in the morning. They’re super quick and easy to make, and with the addition of CBD oil you’ll have endless energy to keep you going until lunch! The following recipe for a Superfood CBD Smoothie comes from Joy Organics:
1 frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
½ cup frozen blueberries
½ cup frozen raspberries
1 small avocado
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
½ cup almond milk
1-2 tablespoons honey or CBD-infused honey (can also be sweetened with 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup)
1-2 tablespoons chia or hemp seeds
15mg+ CBD oil tincture or CBD isolate powder
1. Whizz up banana, berries, avocado, greek yogurt and almond milk in a blender until smooth.
2. Add in honey or maple syrup, chia or hemp seeds.
3. Next, add the CBD and blend everything up for an additional 10-15 seconds.
This smoothie recipe is so easy to follow, there’s no way you can mess it up! You could even make it the night before in order to grab and go the next morning.
CBD Overnight Oats
Morning is one of the best times to take supplements, as your stomach is empty. Our recipe for CBD overnight oats can be prepared the night before and stored in the fridge, ready grab-and-go for work the next morning. To make this easy breakfast bowl, you’ll need:
¾ cup Rolled oats (the kind you use for oatmeal)
2 tbsp Maple Syrup (or less depending on your preferred sweetness)
1 Cup milk of choice (we like to use almond or coconut milk)
1tbsp Chia Seeds
5-10 drops of CBD oil
Fruits, seeds or nuts of your choice for topping
- Combine the oats, maple syrup and milk and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the chia seeds for an extra punch of plant protein and minerals.
- Drop in your preferred amount of CBD oil and combine gently.
- Put the mixture in a covered bowl or jar with a tightly sealed lid and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Chop your fruits – we like to use peaches, blueberries and apples. Put to one side and add this mixture to the top of your oats in the morning. If you want to add seeds and nuts, now is also the time. You can eat it straight away or take it to work and eat on the go!
Not only is this a nutritious breakfast option, but also one that will help you stay fuller for longer. Not forgetting that this morning dose of CBD will help you to feel relaxed and prepared for the day ahead.
CBD Avocado Toast
It’s no secret that avocado toast has become a trendy and healthy breakfast choice for many people. In this recipe, the CBD oil combines really well with the good fats found in avocado. To create this delicious breakfast dish you will need:
Juice of half a lemon
2 Slices of your bread of choice
1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Choose how you want to cook your eggs – we think poached or fried works best. Cook accordingly.
- In a bowl, mash the flesh of the avocado up and mix in the lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Meanwhile, toast your bread either in the toaster or in the grill.
- Mix together the olive oil along with salt, pepper and your desired dose of CBD oil.
- Spread the mashed avocado mixture onto your toast. Once cooked, add the eggs on top.
- Drizzle on the CBD oil mixture and sprinkle with paprika to finish.
Want to make this recipe vegan? Simply take out the eggs. You could also add scrambled tofu. If you’re a meat eater, you can add some slices of bacon. And if you’re pescatarian, why not add some smoked salmon for a hit of heart-healthy Omega oils? The options are endless with this versatile dish!
Do you have any delicious and simple recipes for CBD breakfast foods? We’d love you to share them in the comments below!
Leave a Reply