Are you headed to MJBizCon in Las Vegas this month? If so, we’ve put together a helpful guide to help you survive one of the biggest cannabis industry convention in the world.
Hosted by the editors of MJBizDaily, this conference will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center from December 11-13, 2019. MJBizCon is the premier B2B cannabis industry event to attend if you want to network and expand your business. With other 35,000 attendees, 1,300 exhibitors, 1,250 investors, and more big names and important people – there will certainly be many opportunities to grow your brand.
If you’ve never been to an event like this, or better yet, if you’ve never been to Las Vegas, there’s a few things you should keep in mind if you want your cannabis-industry, desert adventure to go as smoothly as possible.
A Few Things To Keep In Mind At MJBizCon:
- Wear Comfy Shoes! In my opinion, this is one of the most important things about going to the convention center and I really can’t stress it enough – wear comfortable shoes! The convention hall is huge and with over 1,500 exhibitors, you can imagine there will be quite a bit of walking to do. Do yourself a favor and wear shoes that don’t leave you with blisters and bruises.
- Network As Much As You Can. It goes without saying that events like this are for networking. But with some many interesting product booths and educational lectures and seminars, it can be easy to get distracted and leave with less connections than you hoped for. Remember, the relationships formed at these events can lead to important business ventures as well as lifelong friendships.
- Check Out The Other MJBiz Events. In addition to the main conference, there will be various satellite events that are not only important to attend, but also very fun. A few of the activities include the Associations Day Program, MJBizDaily Awards, Investor Intelligence Conference, and more. For a full list and to learn more about attending these events, click here.
- Make Transportation Plans. Cabs can be hit or miss in Las Vegas, so you’ll probably want to grab a Lyft or Uber while you’re here. If you’re staying at one of the dozen or so hotels that are part of the Las Vegas Monorail System, you can take that instead, as the monorail has a stop at the convention center. Just make sure to allow some extra travel time as with will be quite crowded around the main tourist areas of Las Vegas.
- Stay Hydrated. Luckily, this event is during the winter, so we don’t have to worry about the blistering Southwestern heat. But regardless, this is still a desert. Just because it isn’t hot doesn’t mean that it isn’t dry. It’s easy for dehydration to sneak up on you and cause feelings of dizziness, nausea, and overall discomfort. To avoid all this, just make sure to drink water regularly.
- Have Fun. Although this is a business occasion, Las Vegas doesn’t get its reputation for no reason. It’s a fun city with so much to do. And you don’t have to just stay on the strip. From Mount Charleston and Summerlin to the West, to the eclectic Fremont Street, to the red rock canyons on the eastern side of town, there is something to do for everyone. Make sure to enjoy a bit of Nevada’s finest.
Do You Have The Best CBD Flowers of 2019? We Want to Share Them In Our Special ‘Best Of 2019’ Edition
In addition to the list above, we’d like to hook you up with some helpful links, just to make everything that much easier for you. Below we’ve put together a list of a some of the most important URLs for your MJBizCon weekend.
- Convention center map
- MJBizCon Exhibitor list
- Discounted monorail tickets
- Nearby Hotels
- Contact MJBizCon
We hope you enjoy your week at MJBizCon, see you there!
For more articles like this one, subscribe to the CBD Business Weekly Newsletter.
Leave a Reply