Feeling creative? Why not try to make your own CBD Skin Products? It’s simple, fun, and your skin will definitely thank you for it.
CBD oil has so many amazing benefits for our bodies. Internally, it can help with chronic conditions like fibromyalgia, stress and even symptoms of menopause. On the other hand, when we use CBD products on our skin, it can improve the condition of both dry and acne-prone skin, as well as fighting off signs of aging.
When used topically, cannabis products interact with the Endocannabinoid receptors found in our skin. This can help reduce pain associated with muscle aches, wounds and also conditions like arthritis. To briefly sum up the endocannabinoid system (ECS), it’s a system of receptors found in our bodies which respond to the cannabinoids like CBD which come from the cannabis plant. Research has shown that this system holds the ability to regulate pain and even regulate our hormones. It’s for these reasons that the ECS is so responsive to the use of cannabis topicals.
Cannabis skincare is a huge trend in the wellness industry right now. However, if you don’t want to shell out on expensive products, you’ll be pleased to hear that it’s surprisingly easy to make your own. What’s even better is that these DIY methods use natural ingredients and are free from synthetic chemical nasties which can further irritate your skin.
We’ve created a round-up of three DIY CBD recipes, which use natural ingredients that ensure you’ll reap all the benefits nature has to offer.
CBD Sugar Scrub
There’s no better feeling than freshly exfoliated, smooth, supple skin. Here’s how to incorporate the skin-saving properties of CBD into your own DIY body scrub that uses only natural ingredients.
¼ Cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Brown Sugar
5-10 Drops essential oil of your choice (you could use lavender, lemon oil,
10 drops CBD Oil of choice
1. Melt your coconut oil either by gently heating it in a warm oven or in the microwave (we prefer the oven)
2. Add the olive oil to the coconut oil and stir until fully combined
3. Mix in the brown sugar
4. Once everything is combined, add between 5 & 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice (depending on how strong you want the scent).
5. Add in your CBD oil and gently combine.6. Store the scrub in your jar of choice. We recommend using a mason jar, as the extra tight seal allows the product to be stored for longer.
Now it’s time to get your scrub on! The best time to do this is after you’ve cleansed in the shower, so that your skin is freshly prepped.
Using circular motions, apply the scrub and use gentle pressure to massage it into your skin. In order to let the oils do their magic, we recommend leaving the scrub on for 5-10 minutes before rinsing it off.
CBD salve is a great option for dry skin or to use as a topical cream to relieve pains associated with conditions like arthritis. They’re slightly different from CBD lotions but pack a similar set of benefits for your precious skin. To make your own CBD salve you will need:
1 Cup of the oil of your choice (Coconut, olive, almond and grapeseed oil all work well)
1 oz. Beeswax (vegans can also use soy wax instead)
300ml CBD Oil or 3g CBD Isolate
Optional: Essential Oils of your choice. Try to pick essential oils for your particular skin/health concern.
1. Gently heat the oil and beeswax together. You can do this either in a double boiler or by filling a saucepan with boiled water, floating a glass bowl on top of it and then placing the oil and beeswax inside this glass bowl.
2. Over a lower heat, add the CBD oil or Isolate and gently stir to combine.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool down.
4. If you’re choosing to add essential oils, do this while the mixture is cooled but not yet solid. Mix to incorporate.
5. Pour the salve into your jar of choice and allow it to completely cool before putting the lid on.
DIY CBD lotion is quite similar in nature to making CBD Salve. The main difference is that lotions use the addition of water and less oil to get a more fluid, spreadable consistency. The recipe is as follows:
¾ cup distilled water
¼ cup oil of choice (coconut, almond, olive, grapeseed etc.)
0.5 oz. beeswax (or soy wax if you’re vegan)
300ml CBD oil or 3g CBD isolate
5-10 drops Essential Oils of your choice
- Heat the oil and beeswax together using the methods we talked about in the CBD salve recipe – either using a double boiler or a saucepan and glass bowl combo.
- Add in the CBD oil or isolate at a low heat, being careful not to overheat the mixture.
- Take the mixture off the heat and let it cool slightly. Now it’s time to add your essential oils.
- Slowly add distilled water until the lotion reaches your desired consistency. Make sure you do this step before the mixture has gone completely cold.
- Pick your favourite jar and pour in your cream. Again, we suggest using a glass jar with a tight lid.
As CBD is great for a multitude of skin types, you can apply this lotion to every skin type, from skin suffering with acne to eczema-prone skin. You can also use this lotion as a topical for pain relief.
So there you have it – three easy-to-make CBD skincare products that you can create in a matter of hours. Got a recipe for DIY CBD Skincare which you’d love to share? Write it in the comments below!
Leave a Reply